Last month I had been to restaurant with my family after a long time. That restaurant is famous for its north Indian dishes. They had a speciall dish Kaju curry. We all tried it for the first time. Kaju Curry goes well with Pulao, but it can also be eaten with Naan .We thought it will be ok kind of. But after we tasted the dish you know what it made us drooling, it was a mouth watering dish, very yummy.So I decided to make this dish at home for my family! I surfed for this recipe. But there are different versions for preparing this curry. I prepared it on my own version.Last Saturday my friends came for lunch so I prepared kaju curry, ButterNan, Fruit Pulav for my family & friends.
So this is different version of mine..I tried it to make it up to that level.. But managed to do so.! :) garnished with the coriander leaves
Cashew nuts-15-20 soaked for 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
Poppy seeds-2 tbsp soaked 1/2 hour and ground to a paste
Cumin seeds-2 tsp
Grated onions-1 cup
Coconut- ½ cup
Turmeric -1/2 tsp
chili powder-1/2 tsp
Garam masala-1/2 tsp
Mixed vegetables of your choice-1 1/2 cups
Salt-as per taste
Chopped coriander-2 tbsp for garnish
1.Cut the cashew nuts in two halves and Soak the cashew nuts and poppy seeds , coconut(separately) in water for about half an hour and grind to a fine paste. Keep aside
2.Cut vegetables into cubes boil them and keep aside.
3.Heat the ghee in a heavy pan and add the cumin. When the seeds splutter, add onions and sauté till it turns a light brown.
4.Now add the ground paste and saut till the fat separates.
5.In another pan heat oil and fry onion till transparent, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, , salt and the green chillies then Add the vegetables and mix well and cook on low heat.
6.When it starts boiling, add all the sauted paste and Add 1 1/2 cups water and the milk, . and keep stirring bring to a boil, and then simmer, uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
7.Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Fruit Pulav is another kid friendlier version. We can take Fruit in any form; with few simple ingredients, this dish can be prepared in a matter of minutes because it doesn’t involve much chopping. It is a mildly flavored with Indian spices and is versatile because it can be served along with any kind of sidedish. Rice mixed with mild spices & fruits gives a whole new taste, fragrance Very healthy and tastes awesome. In my own version I prepared this dish.Ingredients:
Pomegranate seed- 4 Tbsp
Cashew nuts-50 gm
Paneer- 50 gms
garam masala (whole)- 1 tablespoon
Ginger chilli paste-1/2 tsp
Salt -according to taste
1. Wash the rice properly and soak in cold water for an hour.
2. Drain the rice water and dry the rice in a broad and flat based utensil.
3. Boil the water and add rice and milk and half cook it.
4. Cut the apple in a medium cubes.
5. Heat the ghee in a pan, fry the raisins & cashew nuts and keep aside.
6. Heat the ghee in a pan, Add cloves, cardamom, cinnamon bay leaf,chilli paste & garam masala for sauté.
7. Add pre-fried raisins, nuts, paneer salt and sugar according to taste and mix properly.
8. Add fruit of your choice (I added apple, , grapes, pomegranate seed,orange ) and mix it properly, cook it for 2-3 min in a low flame with cover.
9. Turn off the gas, but do not open the cover of Pulao.
10. After few minute open the cover and stir it properly.
11. Enjoy Fruit Pulao with your favorite curry.
Note : you can add saffron for colour& flavor .