Who doesn’t like a warm deep fried snack to have it in tea time? Today i made this as a tea time snack.This Potato Bondo is a very tasty and taste bud tickling food. It’s a perfect tea time snack.
3 medium sized potatoes
2 small onion cut in small pieces
3 green chilies small cut
1 small piece ginger grated
1 small bunch coriander leaves
½ tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
For the Batter :
Bengal-gram dal flour – 3 cupfuls
Rice flour – ½ cup
Red chilly powder – ½ teaspoon
Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
Salt – ¾ teaspoon, (as per taste)
1. Combine the Bengal-gram dal flour, rice flour, chilly powder, baking soda powder, and salt by adding enough water to make it a thick batter which pours heavily from a spoon. Beat up the batter for 2 minutes and keep aside.
2. Boil and mash the potatoes. Add small cut onions , , green chilies, grated ginger, small cut coriander leaves, red chili powder, and salt to taste
3. In a wide mouthed pan, heat 2 tsp of oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the green chilies and sauté for a minute. Add the onions and saute till translucent.. Add the turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves and mix. Set aside to cool and squeeze half a lemon into the mixture.
4. Add to the potato mixture, mix and make small lime sized balls and set aside. Now heat a sauce pan with oil, when hot
5. Dip the potato balls in the batter and drop them in the oil one by one.. Let them start to turn a slight shade of brown
6. Remove them to a dry plate. Serve hot with any of your favorite chutneys and enjoy!
Suma has showered with this lovely Award.. I am so pleased with the award that I received from Suma Thanks for sharing this one dear!
I would like to share this wonderful award with all my sweet blogger friends:)