I have already Posted EgglessCrisp Almond Pistachio Biscotti. I prepared this for Home Bakers challenge. This month Priya Suresh is hosting the event and she has selected Biscotti varieties as a challenge. Though she had suggested both spicy and sweet version; I preferred to bake the Oats Chocolate Biscotti with Oats which came out so crunchy and delicious. In this biscotti I didn’t add coco powder & salt.
Maida-1 1/2 cups
Baking Powder-1 tsp
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Melted chocolate-1/4 cup
Chocolate chips-2 tbsp
1. Mix together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. (I dint add cocopowder & salt).
2. Meanwhile whisk together the butter, sugar until Fluffy . Then Add in the melted chocolate,vanilla extract and give a quick stir.
3. Now slowly add in the dry ingredients, chocolate chips and knead as a soft dough, if its hard to knead just sprinkle few drops of milk, if its sticky, add in few flour
4. Divide the dough into two portions. Roll each portion into a log and place it on a greased baking sheet.
5. Preheat the oven to 180degree Bake the log for 20-25minutes. Cool it for 10minures.
6. With a sharp knife, slice it diagonally as 1inch pieces or roughly to get around 15-20pieces from the log.
7. Bake it again for 5 minutes. Flip the biscottis and bake again for another 5 minutes.
8. Let them cool completely. Conserve it in a air tightened box.