• 1o Baby corn
• 1/2 cup Rice flour
• 1cup-corn flour
• 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
• 1-2 tsp Chili-garlic sauce
• 1 tsp Soya sauce
• 2 tbsp Cashew peanut powder
• 2 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped, for garnishing
• 2 Medium onions, finely chopped
• 4 Green chilies, washed and chopped
• 2 Garlic cloves, washed, peeled and finely chopped
• Tomato sauce, as required
• Oil for deep frying
• Salt to taste
Slice the bay corn into medium sized pieces. Add the cup of corn flour, salt, 1 tblsp of giner-garlic paste and the chili powder. Add water enough to make a very thick batter , mixing the baby corn with it. Note that the batter should neither be too thick nor too thin, but sufficient enough to cover the baby corn pieces smoothly. Note that you can also use maida in place of corn flour but corn flour makes it more crispy.
How to make Baby Corn Manchurian:
1.Boil babycorns in a little salty water.
2. Take a bowl and mix corn flour, rice flour, tomato sauce, ginger-garlic paste, a little salt and the parboiled babycorns.
3. Pour oil in a pan and Now fry the babycorns.
4. Remove them from the pan and drain out excess oil on clean paper towels.
5. Pour 3 tbsp oil in a pan and heat it.
6. Add onions, green chillies and garlic, saute until golden brown.
7. Add the deep-fried baby corns, soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli-garlic sauce and salt to it.
8 Fry for about 10 minutes over medium heat.9. Garnish Babycorn Machurian with cashew-peanut powder and coriander leaves.serve with fried rice.
Yummy baby corn manchurian is ready. Baby Corn Manchurian turned out much better than my expectation. It was crisp, , saucy, spicy and delicious.