Tandoori Paneer Pizza
If asked the favorite food, most of us won't take another moment to think but will promptly say, 'Pizza'. Today pizzas of different shape and taste entertain our taste buds as they are available everywhere around us. Pizza is the name of an oven-baked, flat, usually round bread covered with tomato sauce and often cheese, with other toppings. It can be said that it is the pizza toppings which gives each every pizza its distinct taste and flavor.Tandoori Paneer Pizza is a Truly Indian an existing fusion of Italian and Indian tastes. This pizza is a sure tasty treat. Tandoori Paneer Pizza is mouth-watering combination of rich paneer, crisp capsicum, onions, tomato and cheese is a real Indian treat. The taste buds are tickled in fresh toppings that are sumptuous and tasty giving them the unique taste of this pizza.
4 pizza bases
¼ cup tomato ketchup
2 tbsp tomato chilli sauce
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
Butter for greasing and glazing
For the tandoori paneer topping:
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
¼ cup capsicum cubes
¼ cup tomatoes, desseeded and cubed
¼ cup onion cubes
1 tablespoon fresh cream
To be mixed into a marinade
2 cups paneer, cut in cubes
1/2 cup thick yogurt
2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
1/2 tsp garam masala
salt to taste
1.Combine all ingredients from yogurt onwards and mix well.
2. Then add paneer cubes, and mix well till all the peices are covered with the marination sauce.
3. Leave the marinated Paneer aside for atleast 1-2 hours.
4. Cook over charcoal or in the oven until some brown spot appear. Do not overcook.
For the tandoori paneer topping
1. Marinate the paneer, capsicum and tomato cubes in the prepared marinade for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the onion cubes and saute for sometime.
3. Add the marinated paneer, capsicum and tomatoes and fresh cream and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the fire and transfer to a bowl. Keep aside.
1. Place one pizza base on a greased baking tray.
2. Spread some tomato sauce and tomato chilli sauce on it.
3. Spread half the tandoori paneer filling over the base.
4. Then arrange a few slices of tomato, onions and bell peppers. On top of that spread some paneer cubes, sprinkle some green chillies.(If we need more spicy)
5. Sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or till the base is evenly browned and the chese melts.
7. Check to see if the cheese has melted and bake further if you like it crispier
8.Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another pizza. Serve hot..
I always prepare icecreams at home. yesterday I prepared tutti frutti icecream and vanilla icecream . The matching up of ingredients to create this flavour was very spontaneous, added coupled with the smooth sweetness of the rose sorbets. Garnish with cardamom, raisins,pistachio, almond & cherry.Each spoon brought a smile on my kids face, and that I believe is one of the best feelings of home-made ice-cream