Pineapple jam makes a great spread for toast, biscuits, pancakes or other jams. It’s good on everything!
250 gms -Pineapple
250 gms -Sugar
1/4 tsp pineapple essence
Cook the pineapple pieces with water on a low fire until tender and 1 cup water is left.when cooked smash it nicely.
Make sugar syrup of thread consistence then add cooked over low heat until it caramelises and dries up somewhat.
To test whether the jam is done, pour some jam on a dry plate. Allow it to cool and tilt the plate. If the jam is ready, it will fall in flakes.
When the jam is done, Add essence, cook until setting point is reached. When the jam cools, Pour into a jar and close the mouth of the bottle .
250 gm-plain flour
50 gm-milk powder
1/4 tsp- salt
100 gm- icing sugar
(1) Cream butter and icing sugar till creamy but not till oily.
(2) Add in vanilla essence, salt, flour and milk powder.
(3) Mix till a dough is formed. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins. If dough is still too soft to be rolled out a this point, add in a little more plain flour and knead lightly into a pliable dough.
(4) Once the dough is not so sticky, take a bit into your hand and flatten it.
(5) Place a small ball of pineapple jam on top. Pinch some dough and roll into thin strips. Place on top of jam into a criss cross style.
(6) Brush cookies with egg polish/or butter and bake for about 15 mins or till cookie turns into golden brown.
(7) Leave to cool on and store in air-tight cookie containers.