Rava halwa is a delicious, melt in mouth halva that is almost similar to Tirunelveli halwa. This Halva is is an easy and quick sweet made with three Ingredients Rava, sugar and ghee. This halva prepared extracting milk from rava. The taste and consistency is almost same as wheat halwa with ghee oozing out. This halva is easy to cook and will be very tasty and for all occasions like festivals, functions, parties. It is an easy, comforting and delicious dessert. I made this for my daughter’s birthday
INGREDIENTS:Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 and 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tspCashews – 10
1. Take rava in a wide bowl. Add 4 cups of water and soak it for 3 to4 hours. After soaking time, mash the rava well with hands.
2. To extract milk, filter the soaked rava with strainer or cotton cloth. Squeeze as much milk as you can. Add 1 cup of water to rava mixture again and extract milk for second time.
3. Transfer Soaked rava to blender and blend well and strain extract milk.
4. The extracted milk has come to be to 3 cups.
5. Then In a heavy bottom pan add ¼ cup water and 1 ¼ cup sugar, cook on medium flame and prepare 1 thread consistency sugar syrup.
6. Once sugar syrup is ready reduce flame to slow and add extracted milk slowly and keep stirring.
7. Meanwhile in a small pan add 1/4cup of sugar and caramelize it in low flame. It will crystallize at first and then turns into golden syrup.
8. Pour the prepared caramel into boiling milk and stir immediately. Keep stirring to avoid lumps. The mixture will bubble well and start coming and starts to become thick.
9. Add ghee little by little in intervals and keep stirring in low flame until everything comes together without sticking to pan.
10. Now add cashews to the halwa and mix well. Cook until halwa becomes glossy and oozes out the ghee. The halwa will be darker in color and will easily slide from the pan. Switch off at this stage.
11. The delicious, melt in mouth rava halwa is ready. Serve warm and enjoy.