My New Year wish for you all is this is the time to unfold new horizons &realize new dreams to discover the strength & faith within u, the best year you’ve ever had, and that each New Year will be better than the last.WISHING EACH AND EVERYONE AND ALL THE READERS OF RUCHI a Very Happy New Year2011...!
Egg less ChocolateSponge Cake is undoubtedly amongst the favorite dessert recipes all around the world. So I tried and tasted recipe for this sinful Eggless Chocolate sponge Cake for this New Year. The cake is very rich and melts into your Mouth. It is deliciously soft and moist adorned with some freshly made dark chocolate ganache.!
Condensed milk-½ can (200 grams)
Self-raising flour-125 grams
Chocolate powder-1 tbsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda –1/2 tsp
Butter melted-1/2 cup (60gms)
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Chocolate Ganache Icing:
Chocolate ganache can be made with dark, milk or white chocolate. Dark chocolate is used most often for the superb colour and rich flavour it imparts. The technique is simple, and merely involves melting chocolate with cream.
Heavy cream-1 cup
Mini dark chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate- 2 cups
How to Make Chocolate Ganache
In a medium sized pan, heat cream almost to a scald. Remove from burner.
Add chocolate all at once, and whisk to blend smooth and melt.
Chill ganache 1 hour or more to spread enough to decorate a cake.
1.Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, cocoa all together 2 to 3 times.Keep aside
2.Pour condensed milk in a bowl. Add the butter, and beat well till smooth. Add the flour spoon by spoon, mixing into the condensed milk mixture.
3. In between, add milk as required if the butter begins to get too stiff. Stir the mixture in one direction only all the while. This will incorporate more air and make the cake lighter.
4.Once all the flour is used up, beat the batter as above till light (5-7 minutes) mix gently till smooth.
5.Pour into a greased cake tin. Do not smooth with a spoon etc. If the consistency is right this will not be needed.
6.Pre-heat over to 180o c. Place tin inside. Bake at 15-2o minutes or till done.
7.Poke with a skewer and check. Cool a little. Invert on wire rack. Cool completely before doing icing
How to proceed Ganache icing:
1. Slice the chocolate cake horizontally into two equal parts.
2. Place one half of the cake on a serving plate and sprinkle half the soaking syrup in order to make the cake moist.
3. Spread half of the ganche over the cake layer and sandwich with the other half of the cake.
4. Moisten this cake layer with the remaining soaking syrup.
5. Spread the remaining ganche on top and sides.
6. Serve chilled, garnished with swirls of whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Note: Iam not good at icing just I'm making chocolate ganache for the first time. I thought I would give this a try as it sounded simple. As I was doing the icing for the first time I was very careful during the process of making it and the end result was better than what I expected and looked very nice and a perfect decoration for a beginner like me:)