Mango Shrikhand (Amrakhand)
Shrikhand orAmrakhand is a sweet dish made by using hung curd, fresh mango puree and flavoured with saffron and cardamom. Shrikand with mango makes it a very delicious dessert. This exotic dessert is easy to prepare and it is quite popular in Gujarat and Maharashtra .It is often served as a side dish with poori. I used Alphonso mango for to making this Shrikhand.
Yogurt ((curd or dahi))- 3 cup
Mango puree-1 cup
Powdered Sugar-1 cup
Crushed cardamom-1/4 tsp
1. Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth or muslin cloth over a strainer on the top of a bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator until all the water from yogurt strains out.
2. Soak kesar/Saffron in 1 Tbsp warm milk
3. Next gently squeeze the excess water from yogurt. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt.
4. After 2-3 hours you will get thick yogurt, transfer it to another bowl.
5. Into the thick yogurt add mango puree, powdered sugar, and saffron milk. Whisk until combined. Transfer them into the serving bowls.
Garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy.