Apple Shaped Mithai
Apple Mithai is easy to make sweet. Diwali is on the corner and I am going to make apple mithai. Apple Mithai made from cashews but I used milk powder. This dessert made with milk powder in sugar syrup and with a hint of cardamom then shaped it into an apple and a clove is put on it. Then they are lightly coloured using red food colour. The process is quite easy does not need much attention These not only looks super adorable but With its attractive shape, shiny surface, smooth texture it taste so delicious that you cannot stop with just one. I decided to give it try. My family loved it.
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Milk powder – 1.5 cup
Ghee – 1 or 2 tbsp
Soaked saffron strands
Red food colour
1. Heat pan then put sugar and add some water. Mix it well.
2. Cook on low medium flame. Once the sugar melts into the water .Once the sugar dissolves, let the mixture boil till we get one string consistency of sugar syrup. Add cardamom powder once the mixture starts boiling.
3. Now reduce the heat and add milk powder in parts. Cook it for 5-6 min on low medium heat till the mixture becomes soft dough. Then add ghee and kesar milk into the mixture so the mixture will become softer.
4. Switch off the flame and transfer the mixture into bowl and Let it cool down slightly.
5. Make small balls, press it gently with the help of your finger and shape them like apple. Place cloves in the centre.
6.Now in a small bowl mix red food colour in 2 tsp sugar water and with paint brush and give red shade to the apples.( You can also mix red food color with little water. but adding it with sugar syrup will give a glossy finish.)
7. Garnish with pistachios. Delicious apple mithai is ready to serve. Apple Mithai is ready to serve. Enjoy!!!