Eggless Chocolate Orange Cake
A super soft and rich chocolate sponge is layered with a tangy orange and garnished with dark chocolate and some more yummy citrusy treats like orange Zest. I use fresh orange zest and orange juice in the batter for the flavour. This adds natural sweetness and also enhances the orange aroma and chocolate chips made for a great mouth-feel and a true tasting pleasure. This orange chocolate cake is super moist, decadent and easy to make! The orange flavour pops just enough without being overwhelming and gives this chocolate cake a really fresh and yummy flavour! It’s heavenly and chocolate and orange go so well together.
In Orange Season I used to Bake Orange cakes
All-purpose flour /Maida – 1cup
Thick curd/ yogurt-1/4 cup
Vegetable oil-1/4 cup
Sugar- ½ cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Orange juice (I used fresh squeezed) - 3/4 cup
Orange zest-1 tbsp
Chopped chocolate-100 gm
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Lightly grease baking pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
3. In another bowl add the yoghurt, sugar and oil and mix well till combined.
4. Add the orange juice, orange zest and flour and Mix gently to incorporate the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and whisk till everything is well combined but do not over-mix the batter.
5 .Add in half of the chopped chocolate chunks and the chocolate chips and fold into the batter
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the countertop to remove any air bubbles. Add the remaining chocolate chunks and chocolate chips and orange zest on the top of the batter.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes or till the cake tests done. (To test the cake insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean then cake is done and if batter sticks to the toothpick then bake for few more minutes.)
8.. Let it remain in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.
9.. When the cake is completely cool Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee!!