Egg less Orange Cake With Raisins
I had never made an Orange Cake before and I have tried and was really pleased with the result. . I used two whole oranges which give it a fiercely fruity flavor and deep orange color and Raisins made for a great mouth-feel and a true tasting pleasure. It’s a feast for the eyes as well as the tongue! The cake was light and spongy with orange zest in every bite when I’d finished this cake and was enjoying the wonderful moist texture. It’s really easy to make and the end result is a delicious, moist, extremely tasty cake. . ‘Orange Cake’ is a perfect tea time snack which is a great hit in my family!
Maida – 150gms
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 200gms
Butter – 100gm (melted)
Baking Powder – 2 Teaspoons
Baking Soda – 1/2 Teaspoon
1/4 cup yogurt
Oranges (2 pieces)
3/4 cup orange juice (I used fresh squeezed)
1 tsp orange zest
1 tsp vanilla extract
Orange food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). Lightly grease baking pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
3. Now add melted butter and sweetened condensed milk and mix.
4. To the prepared flour mix add Raisins and orange zest and mix well.
5. Add the orange juice, orange zest and flour and Mix gently to incorporate the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and pour into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or till the cake tests done. (To test the cake insert a toothpick in the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean then cake is done and if batter sticks to the toothpick then bake for few more minutes.)
7. Let it remain in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.
8. When the cake is completely cool Enjoy with a hot cup of tea or coffee!!