Banana bread that’s made with whole wheat flour with mildly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, filled with milk chocolate chips. This banana bread is moist, soft and full of flavour. The brown sugar in the bread only intensifies the banana flavour. The tiny bits of chocolate when you bite into it only makes it better with every bite. The texture is beautiful and the aroma makes it irresistible. As it bakes, the fruity aroma which fills the air. Enjoy a slice of this flavorful bread for breakfast or as a snack with your evening freshly made cup of coffee or Tea!
Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1 tsp
Cinnamon powder- ¼ tsp
Nutmeg powder-¼ tsp
Ripe bananas, -2 medium to large
Butter, melted-100 gm (1/2 cup)
Granulated brown sugar-1/2 cup
Granulated white sugar- 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Milk- ¼ cup
Dark chocolate chips-1/2 cup
1. Lightly grease a medium sized loaf pan with oil or butter. Dust it with flour, turn it over and tap on the base to remove excess flour.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in the spices. Set aside and preheat the oven to 180 C.
3. In a large mixing bowl, Beat the butter and add sugar powder and blend well.
4. Grind the bananas into a fine puree. Add the pureed bananas to the sugar and butter mixture.
5. Add the pureed bananas to the sugar and butter mixture.
6. Mix in the wet mixture into the flour mixture and beat with a whisk until well blended.
7. Then Add the milk and vanilla and mix till combined.
8. Add the chocolate chips, mix lightly and pour the batter into the loaf pan
9. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes at 180 C or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Allow the cake to cool before slicing and serving.Enjoy!