Whole Wheat Bread
Instead of buying bread from market I wish to try at home. With minimal ingredients and a very easy method,making bread is quite easy and once you start making it at home you will not buy it from the market.So, I thought to try my hands in bread making process. I baked breads But wheat bread Initially, it was a failed attempt just can't get the bread bake accurate the dough never rises. It's because the yeast is either expired or the temperature of water is not perfect for yeast to rise. but I was determined to try and go through so many videos and recipes .finally I tried with instant yeast which can be mixed with the dry flour and kneaded into a dough, and came out perfect..It’s a 100% whole wheat bread which is soft, moist and flavourful. Freshly-baked Whole Wheat Bread is a delight to bite with butter jam!
Wheat Flour -400 gm
Water - 170 ml
Instant Yeast -1 tsp
Sugar / Honey 2 tbsp
Vegetable Oil -/butter-2 tbsp
Milk Powder- 2 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp
Mixture of Milk and Vegetable Oil /Melted Butter
1. In a bowl take the wheat flour and make a well in it. To this add, instant dry yeast, sugar, milk powder lukewarm water and mix it well until you see small bubbles.
2. Now add more water and form a dough. Once the dough comes together, mix vegetable oil and salt and incorporate it in the dough properly.
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for around 10 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with wet cloth and set aside for 30 minutes [ first proofing]
4.After 30 minutes, transfer the sticky dough to a lightly floured on table. Gently knead the dough for 10 minutes. You can add the little flour if required.
5. After 10 minutes of gentle kneading, the dough will be smooth and flexible. Again, place the dough in a lightly greased bowl. Cover it with a wet cloth and let it rise at a warm place until it’s doubled in size. Usually, it will take 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon the weather. [ 2nd proofing]
6.After the dough doubles in size take it out on lightly floured surface and knead it for a minute and round it up again and leave it on the board for another 15-20 minutes covered with a damp towel.
7.Then shape the dough in a rectangular shape.Place the log of bread, into a well-greased bread tin of size 8 inches x 4 inches. Place the tin in a plastic bag for 30 minutes and keep aside for the dough to rise. . [ 3rd proofing]
8.Just 10 minutes before the completion of 3rd proofing, pre-heat the oven at at 180°C
9.Brush the top of the loaf with a mixture of milk and vegetable oil.
10.Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 25 to 30 min minutes. Check after 25 minutes.
11..Once the bread is out of the oven, brush melted butter on top and turn it out onto a cooling rack
12. Let it cool down to room temperature and slice it only after 2-3 hours.
13.You can slice the loaf only after complete cooling.