Everyone likes omapodi in my home. who doesn’t like it?.I make them often at home .It’s awesome to have some omapodi with hot chai or coffee..I make omapodi in huge amount and try it to store it for a week but does not stay beyond a couple of days..... It’s a simple & tasty recipe
Kadalai maavu (besan) - 11/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Omum (ajwain)-1 tbsp crushed
Ghee/Butter - 2 teaspoons
Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp or Red chilli 4 to 5
Salt to taste
Hing a couple of pinches
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak omum in warm water for an hour grind it along with red chilli with water.
2. Then strain the grinded liquid and keep the water aside
3. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients and knead the dough with omum water to form a smooth batter.
4. Add enough water to make a soft dough so that the dough is more or else similar to the chapati dough
5. Heat oil in a kadai on a medium flame. Fill the sev press with batter and add small portions of dough and squeeze it in small portions into the hot oil.
6. Cook both sides till the sound subsides. Drain well and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
7. Keep the flame high while pressing the sev and reduce the flame to medium or low while cooking. This will ensure a golden colour to your mixture.
8. Drain the excess oil. Server them with hot chai or coffee!!
Ya u r rite,who can say no to yummy omapodi,its very tempting and no one can eat just one:))
Oh wow my favourite much on snack...looks yum....
It looks so yummy..ideal evening snack :)
I love this too .. its yumm
My all time favourite...it has been long i prepared, Crispy omapodi looks superb!
You have some great recipes on your site and it would be great if you could share them at FoodShoutOut.com
FoodShoutOut.com is a place for people to discover and share great indian recipes from anywhere on the web. From the biggest online destinations to the most obscure blog, FoodShoutOut.com surfaces the best stuff as voted on by users.
I am with you on this, I do love omapodi, esp the home made version. Perfect color.
Yumm! Looks perfect!
Wow looks perfect looking...so tempting ..
Perfect-a irukku :-)
Yum! I made this for first time for Pongal this year. It's so savory.
I love your blog layout. Pomogranites are my favorite...
looks so crispy nd yum,..
Marvellous and delicious sev....
Delicious omapodi recipe... makes me crave for some..
Looks just perfect, reminds me I haven't had this in a long while!
Omapodi looks crispy and I am for sure will never say no to it!!!
Sev looks so yum. I followed the link from SriLekha's marie biscuit treat to your blog here... Lovely place... Awesome recipes....
we call it sev.......everyone loves these crunchy and cripsy delight
I'm smacking my lips at the thought of eating this :)
My all time favorite snack :)
BlueHost is definitely the best hosting company with plans for all of your hosting requirements.
Post a Comment