Everyone likes omapodi in my home. who doesn’t like it?.I make them often at home .It’s awesome to have some omapodi with hot chai or coffee..I make omapodi in huge amount and try it to store it for a week but does not stay beyond a couple of days..... It’s a simple & tasty recipe
Kadalai maavu (besan) - 11/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Omum (ajwain)-1 tbsp crushed
Ghee/Butter - 2 teaspoons
Chilli Powder -1/2 tsp or Red chilli 4 to 5
Salt to taste
Hing a couple of pinches
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak omum in warm water for an hour grind it along with red chilli with water.
2. Then strain the grinded liquid and keep the water aside
3. In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients and knead the dough with omum water to form a smooth batter.
4. Add enough water to make a soft dough so that the dough is more or else similar to the chapati dough
5. Heat oil in a kadai on a medium flame. Fill the sev press with batter and add small portions of dough and squeeze it in small portions into the hot oil.
6. Cook both sides till the sound subsides. Drain well and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
7. Keep the flame high while pressing the sev and reduce the flame to medium or low while cooking. This will ensure a golden colour to your mixture.
8. Drain the excess oil. Server them with hot chai or coffee!!