SPICY OAT PANCAKES
Do you love oatmeal? Do you love pancakes? You should try them when they are one and the same. The oatmeal pancakes provide an extended source of energy.These pancakes are made by adding oats to wheat flour, as oats are highly nutritious and filled with cholesterol-fighting soluble fibre. Being extremely satiating, they prevent you from bingeing on junk food. Serve these pancakes hot, along with mint and coriander chutney. I adapted this recipe from Tarladalal's Recipe Book.
¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
¼ cup jowar flour (white millet flour)
¼ cup wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
¼ cup onions, chopped
¼ cup tomatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped coriander
1 teaspoon ginger-green chilli paste
salt to taste
1 teaspoon oil for cooking
1. Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a thick batter.
2. Grease and heat a non-stick tava (griddle).
3. Spread a layer of the batter to form a pancake of 4 mm. thickness.
4. Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
5. Repeat to make 3 more pancakes.
6. Serve hot with the coriander chutney.