Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
This incredible Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup is a very healthy and nutritious soup and so easy to make and it is slightly sweet and perfectly spiced flavour. If you love flavours like coconut and ginger, you’re going to love this filling. It is perfect for lunch or dinner.
Carrot diced- 2 cup.
Ginger finely chopped - 1 tablespoon
Chopped onions- ½ cup
Thick coconut milk- 1/2 cup
Water/Vegetable stock- 2cups
Salt and pepper to taste
Butter or olive oil-1 tbsp
Some fresh herb like parsley, coriander, mint, dill leaves or thyme for garnish
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add the chopped onions and saute till the onions soften and turn translucent.
2. Add the chopped ginger and saute till the raw aroma of ginger goes away. Then add the chopped carrots. Season with salt as per taste.
3. Mix very well and saute the carrots for a minute. Add 1 cup water and mix very well.
4. Cover the pan with its lid and simmer on a low to medium-low flame till the carrots are tender and softened.
5. Then switch off the flame when the carrots are cooked. Keep the pan aside and let the mixture become warm.
6. Add everything in a grinder or blender jar. Add ½ cup water and grind or blend to a smooth puree and mix very well.
7. Then Pour back the puree into the saucepan and heat. Now add the coconut milk and blend the soup smooth. For a slightly thin consistency, you can add some more water.
8. Add black pepper powder at this stage and mix well. Let the soup simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Carrot Ginger Soup is ready to serve. Pour in soup bowls. Garnish with your favorite toppings