Who doesn’t like a warm deep fried snack to have it in tea time? Today i made this as a tea time snack.This Potato Bondo is a very tasty and taste bud tickling food. It’s a perfect tea time snack.
3 medium sized potatoes
2 small onion cut in small pieces
3 green chilies small cut
1 small piece ginger grated
1 small bunch coriander leaves
½ tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
For the Batter :
Bengal-gram dal flour – 3 cupfuls
Rice flour – ½ cup
Red chilly powder – ½ teaspoon
Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon (optional)
Salt – ¾ teaspoon, (as per taste)
1. Combine the Bengal-gram dal flour, rice flour, chilly powder, baking soda powder, and salt by adding enough water to make it a thick batter which pours heavily from a spoon. Beat up the batter for 2 minutes and keep aside.
2. Boil and mash the potatoes. Add small cut onions , , green chilies, grated ginger, small cut coriander leaves, red chili powder, and salt to taste
3. In a wide mouthed pan, heat 2 tsp of oil and splutter the mustard seeds. Add the green chilies and sauté for a minute. Add the onions and saute till translucent.. Add the turmeric powder, salt, coriander leaves and mix. Set aside to cool and squeeze half a lemon into the mixture.
4. Add to the potato mixture, mix and make small lime sized balls and set aside. Now heat a sauce pan with oil, when hot
5. Dip the potato balls in the batter and drop them in the oil one by one.. Let them start to turn a slight shade of brown
6. Remove them to a dry plate. Serve hot with any of your favorite chutneys and enjoy!
Suma has showered with this lovely Award.. I am so pleased with the award that I received from Suma Thanks for sharing this one dear!
I would like to share this wonderful award with all my sweet blogger friends:)
bonda looks perfect Jaishree.
that platefull looks so good, akka!
Am drooling over that plate Akka...superb crispy bonda looks fantastic..
Crispy and yummy yummy bonda...
சூப்பர்ப் உருளை போண்டா...அருமையாக இருக்கின்றது...
woow,,,urulai bonda rombha superr,,,paarkum poedhee sappadanumnu thoenuthu,,rombha naalachu urulai bonda senju saaptae,,
I have made only once,a filling snack!
Just pass that plate to me..love aloo bonda..tempting!!
The bonda looks perfect! I like it. It has been a long while since I made some.
Post a Comment