Melting Moments with orange curd
Melting Moments cookies One of the most famous cookies that everyone loves to eat. These cookies are named so aptly, because Cornstarch is the secret ingredient that makes them melt on your tongue along with powdery confectioners’ sugar rather than granulated sugar. . I jazzed up the traditional melting moments recipe with orange, I used both orange zest and orange juice for these cookies and what came to be was so refreshing, fragrant and absolutely delicious and literally do melt in your mouth.I baked this recipe for my newly wedded daughter. I found this recipe from here.
All purpose flour- 11/2 cups
IcingSugar-1/4-1/2 cup (depending on your taste, I had used 1/2 cup)
Butter- 1 cup
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Fresh orange juice of 1 orange-1cup
Orange zest of- 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar- 40 g
1. Put the juice and zest in a saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce by half.
2. Add the sugar and butter and let the butter melt. Stir over a low flame until the mixture thickens. Switch off the flame and let it cool completely.
3. Fold in the cheese in the last. Remove from the heat and Mixture will thicken as it cools. Curd should be stored in the fridge but will need a gentle whisk before serving.
1.Sieve the flour and the cornflour together.
2. In a separate bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
3. Add to the flour mixture and mix well. Combine until it forms a soft dough.
4. Preheat oven to180 degreeC.Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
5. Take a spoonful of dough and press it slightly to form round cookies.
6. Slight press with fork to get thin lines on the cookies (optional)
7. Place the cookies on baking tray such that they are at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cookies turn golden brown at the edges
8.Remove from oven and leave to cool on trays for approximately 30 minutes.
9.While the biscuits are cooling, make the Orange curd.
10.To make the biscuits Spread the filling onto the underside of half the biscuits, dollop a small amount of orange curd and sandwich with the another base Repeat, using the remaining biscuits.