I can cook comfortably for a party of up even 40 people…but baking has eluded me so far….I’ve not been able to bake something with finesse or to my satisfaction and both….. This cake I tried many times and quantity of ingredients is just perfect and one can go ahead with confidence. It did taste different from a regular chocolate cake with eggs in it, but this was good for an eggless one The cake was very soft , spongy and moist.But the preparation was quite easy the cake is really worth trying and I really enjoyed making this cake. . One thing I have to learn is decorating the cakes. As soon as I baked it, I tried decorating it.. But It is not perfect.. May be good next time when I prepare it again:)
All Purpose Flour - 2 cups
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Baking Soda - 2 teaspoons
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 3/4 cup
Chocalate Powder-1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 cups
Milk - 1 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup
Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
1.Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Grease the baking pan with butter or oil or use a non-stick cooking spray. I used a 8″ square pan.
3. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and sugar into a large mixing bowl &Mix well.
4. In another bowl beat butter then add Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture while beating well in one direction. Keep beating until the entire dry mixture is fully incorporated.
5. Now add the milk slowly and beat for a minute.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased pan. You do not have to spread the mixture using a spoon, if the mixture is of the right consistency. Tap the cake tin to release any trapped air bubbles.
7.Place in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. The temperature and baking time can vary from oven to oven. Hence, test the cake at around 25 minutes to see if it is done. . Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a wooden tooth pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8.Remove the pan and let the cake cool for 10 minutes. Invert it.
9. A rich moist yummy egg less chocolate cake is ready! Serve it with icecream! Yummmmmy!
Cake loved by all and especially kids, hence this is my entry for Madhavi's Lovely Children's Day Event