Oh man !!.Now I love baking cake ,once I captured the skill!!.Yes,I baked cake but this Pineapple Cake is exotic flavor!! Play around the ingredient a bit, mix and match the flavor and it's turn out really good!!The texture and moistness of this cake is better than the previous one!.Hubby like cake with some icing,so I use/tried some butter icing . My hubby& my kids loved the cake. This Pineapple Cake is a delight for me!.
For the cake:
1 cup -crushed pineapple with juice (NOT syrup)
1-1/2 cups- plain flour
1/2 cup -white sugar(add a little sugar if you think it isn't sweet enough).
2tsp- baking soda
1tsp -baking powder
1/4 cup- Unsalted Butter
Cornflour - 2 tbs (makes the cake texture lighter)
2 tbsp demerara sugar (or use brown sugar)
Vanilla Essence- - 1 tsp
Pineapple Essence- - 1 tsp
Cream - 400ml
Icing Sugar - 3-4 Tbsp
Pineapple Essence - 1 tsp
Pineapple Bits -1 cup of chopped bits
1. Sift the flour + baking powder + salt + corn flour. Then Beat the butter and sugar well with beater till very thick.
2. Gently fold in the sifted flour; mix lightly so that air doesnt escape
3. In a large bowl, mix all the cake ingredients together (except the demerara/brown sugar) until the flour is incorporated. The batter will be quite thick.
4. Add vanilla essence + pineapple essence and beat for 1 min.
5. Scrape batter into a greased 6" round cake pan. Even it out with the back of a wetted spoon.
6. Then sprinkle the brown sugar over the top. Preheat oven Bake at 180C.
7. Turn gently into tin and bake for 30-35mins till done or till the cake tests done and has pulled away slightly from the sides.
8. Chop the pineapple bits into tiny pieces,and reserve some bigger bits for the topping.
9. Whip 400ml whipping cream with 4tbs pwdrd sugar +1 tsp pineapple essence until thick and holds peaks.
10. Take about 1/4 a cup of cream(approx 4-5 tbsp), and colour it with yellow food colour.
11. Spread the remaining cream over the top and sides of the cake.
12 . Pipe a border with the colored cream. Chill well before serving.
I made this Christmas Greeting card and Christmas wishes .From google image i took different pictures and i made this card & wishes in my own idea. Hope u all will like it:)
This is my entry for Purva's Christmas Feast Event.&
Vandana Rajesh's Baking For Beginners