Egg less Saffron Persian Love Cake
Recently while looking for some unique cake recipes on net. I stumbled upon this recipe. And the name itself intrigued me to find out the details. So I decided to bake this cake for my Son’s Birthday. Lovely cake filled with Love made with Love with enchanting ingredients like cardamom, rose water, rose petals, saffron.
Persian love cake is an aromatic cake with moist, spongy and will enchant you with its exotic flavors. Luxuriously packed with almonds and sprinkled with pistachios, it is so easy to make!
A Persian Love Cake is a beautiful cake. Legend has it that this Love Cake is as beautiful as this cake is. There is a story behind the name that once upon a time there was a Persian woman madly in love with a prince. To make him fall in love with her, she baked him this cake, filled with magical love powers. There are many different versions of the cake. Some use of basic sponge recipe which is followed by drenching the cake in lemon juice, rose water syrup, and addition of nuts to the base cake.
No wonder it's called Love Cake. Persian love cake is love in every bite its exquisite aroma and superior taste.
FOR THE CAKE
All-purpose flour- 1½ cup
Almond flour-1 cup
Whole milk –1 cp
Sugar- ¾ cup
Rose water-1 tablespoon
Baking soda- ½ teaspoon
Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
Ghee- 75gm/ ½ cup
Lemon juice-2 teaspoon
Lemon zest- ½ teaspoon
Cardamom powder-1 teaspoon
Saffron milk- 1 tbsp
Chopped nuts-1/4 cup
Few strands saffron
Few strands saffron
Stir together and refrigerate overnight for flavours to mature.
Unsalted butter-150 gm in room temperature
Icing sugar, sifted-100g
Saffron shrikhand (store Brought)
Using an electric hand eater, whip the buttercream for 7-8 minutes until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the icing sugar, followed by the saffron shrikhand. Beat until glossy.
FOR THE GARNISH
Unsalted pistachio slivers- 1 tbsp
Edible rose petals-few
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.Lightly grease and line a 6" round baking tin.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and Set aside.
3. Place the butter, sugar, lemon juice& zest, rose water, and cardamom in the bowl and Beat fluffier and completely homogenous. With a spatula mix the dry with the wet, just until incorporated.
4. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake for30-35 minutes, or until cake is lightly brown on top and a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
5. Cool completely, then slice into 2 layers.Moisten the layers with saffron milk.6. Sandwich and frost with buttercream if desired, and garnish with slivered pistachios, rose petals and saffron strands.
Post a Comment