This Granola Bar Recipe is healthy, low fat, full of vitamins and proteins at the same time delicious. These homemade nutrition bars are perfect to start your day or as an anytime snack. It has whole grains, nuts and fruits. The best part about making it is, you get to pick your choice of fruits and nuts. There are many ways and various flavors you can play with while making your Granola Bars. My Healthy Granola Bar are packed with oats, raisins, honey and also added almonds, pistachios and walnuts sesame seeds, and a little bit of chocolate.
Cooking Oats - 1 cup
Light Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup
Honey - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
Almonds - 1/2 cup
Cashews - 1/2 cup
Golden, black raisins and Dates - 1/4 cup
Dried figs/anjeer,finely chopped-3-4
Sesame Seeds - 2 tbsp(White & Black)
Chocolate chips- 1 tbsp
1. First dry roast oats, cornflakes, nuts and dry fruits in a pan until a nice aroma comes and oats starts slightly browning up. Keep aside
2. Now in the same pan, add butter heat it till it melts. Now add honey, demererar sugar, vanilla essence and water, heat it until the mixture starts bubbling up.
3. At this stage add the roasted oats, cornflakes and nuts mixture and mix well until the honey mixture is coated on all sides of the oats cornflakes mixture.
4. Then transfer the entire contents into the greased pan and press well
and spread it using a spoon or a wooden laddle to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness. Straighten the edges and make it as a square or rectangle.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips all over and press them into the mixture as well.Cover it with another butter paper and press them down gently.Allow them to cool for 15mins then cut into bars.
6. Store them in an airtight container and enjoy them any time.