Cream biscuits are quite famous among the kids. Licking the cream centres is part of everyone's childhood memories, isn't it? Me and my kids love cream biscuits. For Christmas holidays, I thought of preparing Orange Cream biscuits. Light and fluffy orange biscuits made with fresh orange juice and zest. It tastes very crunchy and flavor of the orange makes this biscuit more refreshing and yum!
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-120gm
Castor sugar- 75gm
Orange colour- 2drops
For the Filling
Icing sugar- 100gm
Fresh Orange juice- 1tbsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Sieve together the flour, cornflour . Whisk butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy, add flour, custard powder, Orange zest and colour. Mix well to form a dough.
3. Roll out the dough in a floured surface to about 1/2 cm thick and cut out the circles. Use the back of a fork to imprint the top of each ball, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, removing them from the oven while still pale golden in colour
5. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely
6.Meanwhile make the buttercream filling by combining the softened butter and sieved icing sugar together and add orange juice until smooth, creamy finish.
7.Once the biscuits are cool, match them up into equal-size pairs. Put a heaped teaspoon of filling in the centre of one biscuit, place a second biscuit on top and gently press together so the filling spreads towards the edges together to form your orange cream biscuits and Serve.
Post a Comment