This Easy Homemade Pizza Dough recipe yields the best ever homemade pizza.It’s delicious with a slight chew, just the way a pizza crust should be! I tried and tasted.
Warm water- 1 cup
All-purpose flour- 2 to 2 1/2 cups
1. In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let stand until the mixture foams on top, about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually stir with a wooden spoon to make a rough dough.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it is smooth, adding more flour to keep it from sticking to your hands or work surface.
4. Coat the dough with olive oil (2 Tablespoons). Cover the bowl with a towel. Let the dough rest on the counter for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
5. Punch down and let rise again until double and divide. Pat out on two pizza pans. Punch the dough down before fitting in the pans below.
6. Lightly grease two pizza pans with oil. Roll out the dough and stretch to fill the pans.
7. Let the dough rise 10 min. Then use a fork to prick to the dough all around because to ensure the dough doesn't form air pockets.
8. Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove from your oven. (this is just to very slightly prebake the dough). If you notice air bubbles forming, poke them with a fork to let the air out.
9. Then Add pizza sauce and veg toppings and cheese as desired.
10. Bake on the lower rack of your oven for around 15-20 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.
Let cool, cut and serve. It Makes 2 medium pizzas or 1 large.
It’s warm, hearty and is the perfect sauce to use on homemade pizzas. Making homemade pizza sauce isn’t difficult. Pizza sauce is tomato based sauce prepared by blenching tomatoes and spiced with herbs and garlic. Essentially it is used as a spread for the pizza base before topping and baking pizza.
Tomatoes chopped-6 medium sized and pureed
Salt-1 teaspoonOregano-1 teaspoon
Sugar-1/2 teaspoonTomato ketchup-2 tablespoons
Black pepper powder-1/2 teaspoon
Chilli flakes-¼ tsp
1.Heat oil in a pan. Add finely chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds on a low flame.
2.Then Add few chopped tomatoes to it and saute. Then add the tomato puree and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes on a low to medium flame.
3.Cook them well till they start leaving oil.4.As they leave oil, add a little quantity of water to it.
5.Boil it well & then add salt, sugar, chilli flakes, butter, black pepper powder & oregano & mix well.
6.As oil starts appearing on the sides & tomatoes start giving a shining look, add tomato ketchup & mix well & turn off the flame.
Finally, mix well and pizza sauce is ready to be used for pizzas or pastas.